Sunday, May 29, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

  Well this Memorial Day weekend has definitely been memorable so far...

  Friday the 27th was Brett & I's 11th anniversary! It is just crazy how quickly the time has gone by. I am so SO thankful that Brett chose me! I couldn't ask for a more perfect match...he is the strength to my weaknesses , the slow-down to my hurry-up, the unwind to my wound-up, the chill-out to my stay-busy. He brings much needed balance into my life. Life without Brett would be so boring. :) On Friday morning my post on Facebook said "Being married to Brett Curry has been quite an adventure...can't wait to see what the next 11 years bring!". Well, truer words have never been spoken. But adventure may not be a big enough word to describe what life is about to be...in 8 months that is. :) Yes, that's right, on Friday morning we found out that Curry baby #6 is on the way! AAAHHHHHH! Happy Anniversary to us!!! Oh, let me answer your questions before I continue: 1. No, this wasn't planned...by us. 2. Yes, we know how this happens. 3. Yes, we are thrilled. 4. Yes, we are crazy! :)  This came as quite a shock to both of us! Brett had really thought we were done with the 5 we have. I felt like we might have at least 1 more, but not for a while...and we've discussed foster care so I did think that it might be through adoption when the time came. But God had other plans. :) On Tuesday evening (before I knew I was pregnant) I sat down to read my Bible - it fell open to the Psalms and the verse on the page that immediately caught my eye (because it was highlighted and because God had a personal word for my heart) was Psalm 127:3 "Sons are a heritage from the Lord, and children are a reward from Him."  And I KNOW with absolute confidence that God was telling me that this baby is a gift from Him; it's His plan, His will, His blessing on our family!  I did have a bit of a melt-down when I told Brett the news...and I'm still a little bit nervous about having 6 kids and the challenge that will come with having a newborn when Maggie is only 15 months old...but after talking for a bit and remembering reading Psalm 127:3 and Brett reassuring me that God's plans ARE better than ours I began to get excited. At first I wanted to wait to share our news because I was afraid that some people might think we are irresponsible or crazy - but a very wise friend reminded that me through our conversation that God's blessings and life's joys are meant to be shared so we starting sharing! Last night we told our kiddos (I'll post the video on facebook so you can see their response) and they were beyond thrilled - especially Nathan who is so excited for another chance to possibly have a little brother! And this time, if I had to guess, I'd say I think it's a boy...and I think we might find out the gender this time for Nathan's sake (I'm sure many of you are breathing a sigh of relief!). Also, it looks like I may be due on January 28th which is Emma's 8th birthday! If you think of us please pray for God's hand to be on this baby. :)

  But wait, the weekend isn't quite over. Tomorrow is Nathan's 9th birthday and my 30TH birthday (my Golden Birthday:)!

First, how did my baby boy grow up so fast? Ugh, there are tears in my eyes as I type and think about how quickly he went from a snuggly newborn to a cautious toddler to a talkative & inquisitive little boy to...a very loving and knowledgeable (about reptiles at least:) big kid. And he just gets sweeter all the time. Last night I found a note that he wrote last week to someone special to him (not a little girl!!!) and his tender and loving heart shone through every kind word. I am so proud of the young man that he is becoming. I am so proud of his desire to be like Christ and like his Daddy - he can't go wrong if he follows in their footsteps! Happy Birthday Nate - I am your biggest fan!!!

Second, today is the last day of my 20s. And WOW have they been amazing!!! These have been some of the best (and most challenging) years of my life (and I had a wonderful childhood so that's saying alot)! We've had 5 children, lived through a month of bedrest during my 5th pregnancy (thanks to LOTS of help from friends & family),  bought our first home, made many lifelong friends, walked with those friends & family through life's ups and downs, started our homeschooling journey, and many more memorable occasions. It's been an adventure - that's for sure! So, tomorrow, as I step into my 30s (it seems more like a leap) I am looking forward to seeing all that God has planned for this next decade. Over the last few months He has been working in my heart...asking me to give Him more of myself...die to myself so that He can live through me. So I'm praying that God will help me to let go of my control on my life (or the thought that I have control - obviously I don't:), make the necessary sacrifices, lay down my pride. And if I do that then I know that I will have life even more abundantly and my 30s will far exceed my 20s!

Thanks for reading my jumbled up thoughts... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment