Monday, February 14, 2011

It's Valentine's Day!!!

Last night as Brett & I sat making our construction paper valentines (I'm sure it was quite a picture...both of us using kid scissors...him sitting at my desk and me squished into Emma's...cutting paper hearts...HA!) I so enjoyed writing a sweet note to each of my kiddos. And the thought came to mind - why do I only do this once a year? I should be doing it once week!  A sweet note left on their pillow or on their desk. Just a few words to let them know that I love them and I'm proud of them and I'm so glad that God picked me to be their mama. So that's my newest goal for this year (I'm attempting one-at-a-time bite-sized goals this year:) - I want to write each of my kiddos a note once a week. I think this will change my perspective of them and their perspective of me. :) And a change in perspective is always good! 

Tonight for Family Night at my parent's we're having a Valentine Party! We're ALL (adults included) making valentine bags and handing out valentines to each other. We're eating dessert first and we'll all get bags full of candy, valentines, and special treats (just like we did in 1st grade:), and the kids will each get a balloon too! I don't remember the last time I was so excited about V-Day!  

So...those are my thoughts for this morning. I might have more later though...there are alot of things swirling around in my head today...


No comments:

Post a Comment