Saturday, March 12, 2011

Hmmmm....it's the weekend

Well, I don't have any profound thoughts or funny stories this morning. But I'm in a 'mood' so I thought maybe I should type as I eat my bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios...yum.

Weekends at the Curry house have a few different 'looks'.  Look #1 - an overstuffed closet - you open the door and get knocked off your feet by all the stuff that flies out (a good example of one of these would be last weekend when we had Awanas Olympics all day followed by a birthday party then on Sunday we had church, lunch, a short rest time at home, then back to church for a meeting after dropping the kids off at Awanas at a different church - Whew - I was ready for Monday so I could relax a bit!).  Look #2 - a very organized closet - you open the door and immediately find just what you were looking for and it feels good ( a good example of this would be...well...actually...I can't think of even one since we've had children - ok, who am I kidding...I can't think of one even before we had kids!).  Look #3 - a closet where everything fits, but barely - you open the door, move a few things, and finally find what you were hoping you hadn't throw away or lost completely (this would describe most weekends here - not nearly as orderly and productive as this TypeA mama would like, but we fit most of the 'important' stuff in and haven't completely lost our sense of adventure or our sanity.....yet).

 So that's me this morning...trying to remember what the 'important' stuff is and trying NOT to get frustrated over MY 'important' stuff that once again isn't going to get completely done...if any at all. Maybe I'll just skip the cleaning all together and work on Maggie's Baby book that has not even a single word written in it yet. :(  And order pictures to put it in (I have taken them, just not ordered prints). And play with my big kids. Those are the 'important' things in life...not the dirty floors or the still huge pile of laundry that I just couldn't get done yesterday...right? But what is clean to wear to church tomorrow...?

P.S. - Maggie slept from 12-6 IN HER OWN BED! I should feel so well rested and be in a great mood! Come on coffee, do your job!

No comments:

Post a Comment